Pages

Monday 12 November 2012

Why I love days off!


Hiiii everybody and happy Monday!! Today, I tried out about five different designs on my nails, all watching none other than DEXTER!! Seriously, what could be better than a day of nails and a Dexter marathon?!

Nothing would go right today, it was really frustrating! But I'll show you a couple of the designs I did anyway. This was the first time I have done a fishtail manicure, I though it would be a lot harder to do and I loved it! The colours I used were China Glaze - Kalahari Kiss, China Glaze - Harvest Moon and O.P.I - Call Me Gwen-Ever.
I didn't really want to do it on my right hand, soo I started again… I recently bought A England - Holy Grail (the old version) before it was discontinued and I honestly have never seen a gold like it before. It's a really beautiful yellowy antiqued gold with a shimmer and I don't think I'll find a polish shade anytime soon. The new holy grail which has taken its place, whilst still absolutely stunning, is a shade which I imagine has many dupes. So, I used this as a base for my second mani of the day, then dotted curved lines from the tip downwards using Barry M - Raspberry and Barry M - Black
This would be something really nice for christmas time using a forrest green and deep red. I'm definitely saving my Holy Grail for this years festivities!

Anyway, after much more trial and error, I decided I really actually loved my fishtail mani and ended up doing it again using the same colours! Only this time, I only did my accent and thumb nails full fishtail and for the rest of my nails just the tips. It was really nice!

With flash
In sunlight (bare in mind it's been a very dull day in Manchester)

Hope you all had as much of a fun Monday as I did, and if you haven't started watching Dexter yet - WATCH IT!! 

Thanks for reading guys!
Ariana xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment