Pages

Monday 19 November 2012

Storm and Stars Contest!


Hi guys! Hope you've all had a great weekend! I've been sooo busy with work, so glad to be off today!
Today I entered Storm and Stars' IG contest with the theme being storms and stars :) I entered the beginner category. I've not really done much freehand nail art before like this, so this pretty much was a first for me and I really enjoyed it!
Outside, no flash or sunlight. I wish this November weather would stop sucking!
Outside with flash
Inside with flash
I used a base of A England - Tristam and once that had dried I sponged on Maybelline - 669, followed by O.P.I - Unfor-greta-bly Blue, then O.P.I - Suzi & the 7 Düsseldorfs. For the lightening bolts I used O.P.I - My Boyfriend Scales Walls and painted them on using a very fine bursh, I'm kind of wishing now that I had used a white acrylic paint and maybe added a bit of gold/silver? Still, I love the manicure anyway!!

I think I'm going to start entering more contests, even if I don't win or do a great job, it's still super fun and I really enjoyed participating! If you want to check out more entries on instagram, search the hashtag stormandstarscontest (either I'm being really thick or my laptop doesn't have a hash key) and also @stormandstars, her nails are always amazing!

Ariana xo

No comments:

Post a Comment