Pages

Sunday 11 November 2012

Poppy Fields


Hello lovelies, hope you've all had a nice Saturday!

This evening, I did a gorgeous poppy memorial manicure but, silly me fell asleep on the sofa about five minutes after so now it's all smudged :( on the plus side, I had a good dream! 

With it being Remembrance Sunday tomorrow I thought it was important to show my respect for all those who have died fighting for their country. Whilst I hate war and fighting, accepting that in some cases it is necessary and remembering those who have fought is something we all must do. It's terribly sad, but unfortunately that is the world we live in! We can only hope that one day things can be different. Anyway, on to the nails!

I love doing flowers like this in my manicures, they're super easy yet really effective. All you need is polish and a dotting tool! If you don't have a dotting tool you can make one really easily, take a look at Cute Polish's tutorial on how to do so from things you'll find around the house. I applied a base coat, Essie - Grow Stronger, followed by two coats of China Glaze - Exotic Encounters, then dotted on Essie - Fishnet Stockings and O.P.I - Red My Fortune Cookie for the petals with Barry M - Black (I think it was just called black?!) for the center bit. Finished with a coat of Seche Vite.


I'm a bit nervous about taking these off, last time I used Exotic Encounters it stained my nails really badly! And that was even after two coats of a base coat! Grrrr!

I really enjoyed doing this design and it was nice to do something for such an occasion. Hope you enjoyed it too!

Thanks for reading everyone!
Ariana xo

No comments:

Post a Comment