Pages

Friday 9 November 2012

Monochrome Colour Block


Hello all! 

Tonight I decided to go for a little monochrome colour blocking! I learnt a couple of lessons this evening which, in all honesty, I know will be forgotten by the morning. 
  • Lesson numero uno - I really, really love the idea of grey and black together but, apart from in bright light, they will without a doubt both merge into one colour! 
  • Lesson number two - doing a tape mani in partial lighting will never work out right! Never!
It's not all bad though, lesson number one counteracted lesson number two and therefore my shoddy line work isn't quite so obvious, woohoo! Anywaaay, now we've got the lessons out of the way, let us take a look at the nails!

For this manicure, I used O.P.I - My Boyfriend Scales Walls (my current fave) and 17 - Smoke Signals as a base. I then taped off a V section at the tip and painted on A-England - Jane Eyre. This was all topped off with a coat of my ever faithful Seche Vite!


See what I mean about the merging colours? Oh and don't mind the bit of fluff dried onto my topcoat...

We all know this design didn't go quite as planned. In fact at all as planned! But ever the optimist, I did learn some very important nail lessons so it wasn't a complete nail fail! Score!!

Thanks for reading everyone, goodnight!
Ariana xo

No comments:

Post a Comment