Pages

Sunday 17 February 2013

A-England Swatching!

Good evening! Last post for today, I swear!

Last week I received my order from A-England of four b-e-a-uuuuutiful polishes! I got Order of the Garter, Avalon, Dragon and Ascalon.

First up, DRAGON!
A-England never fail to amaze me both formula-wise and colour-wise. Seriously, the formula of their holo's is so brilliant and Dragon was no exception. Two even coats and viola, on like a dream! The colour couldn't be more aptly named either, I truly do have a mossy green dragon on my nails which shimmers olivey-bronze in the light! Yum!

Next, (I'm so excited) ASCALON!
Not so exciting yet...Shade
WOOHOO! 
I totally love this polish! I think I'd go as far as to say it's AMAZBALLS! Now I've got to be honest, Ascalon was a little different to what I'd initially expected but I was so pleasantly surprised! It's a gunmetal grey holographic polish with the most beautiful lavender sheen. I'm not sure if I'd go as far as to say it's a duochrome, but it's certainly leaning that way! As for the formula, same as Dragon, fantastic!

Order of the Garter!
Order of the freaking Garter! What can I say? You had me at hello, I love blue. It's rich and regal, deep and aquatic. I found Order of the Garter a really interesting polish and again so much more than I expected (which is always A LOT from A-England!). This polish is actually the Queen personified. Although, I doubt Her Maj would actually wear it... So I'll just widen it out to the entire Royal Family, maybe Princess Beatrice? I'm rambling... The formula was slightly less fantastic than Dragon and Ascalon, a little thinner but still brilliant. Two easy, self-evening coats!

And last but certainly not least, AVALON!
I really don't know what to say about this polish. As soon as I try to form a sentence I get completely lost in the beauty and intensity of this unique purple. Now, I said Order of the Garter was the perfect colour for the Royals, but I seriously think I may have to eat my words after seeing Avalon. Such a deep regal purple with flecks of magenta, red and blue shimmer, Avalon truly glows from the inside. Is this what love feels like? I'm actually speechless! The formula was similar to Order of the Garter, a little thinner than the holo's but equally as perfect in two coats.

Wow, I'm so overwhelmed by the sheer brilliance of these four amazing A-England's that I now literally don't know what to do! Hope you all enjoyed my swatches! 

Night everyone, 
Ariana xo

No comments:

Post a Comment